Demongaze Armour Part 5

No update or any blog posts last week and I’m so sorry!

I hit a wall with Demongaze when trying to pattern the under armour (Its just another layer under the breastplate to cover what its not already covering). This of course made me really frustrated because I had being doing so well without mistakes and so I gave up for the rest of the weekend.
Which brings us to this weekend.

This weekend I wanted to make the breastplate wearable as it would (surprisingly) help when making the under armour to get the shape/size right. I decided first of all that two clips on either shoulder was a good number which meant sewing four clips in total. To make the most of the tape I hand sewed it together so that I wouldn’t have much excess. I then left about two inches of tape the other side of the clip. To stop the tape from fraying I whip stitched the frayed edges down on the loop side and then burnt the edges on the ‘tail’ side.
Alternatively If I had thought this through I would have burnt both edges and then sewn the loop side down but The Bright Unforgiving Nivera who enjoys making things hard for herself decided to to it that way.

I then pinned them to my dress form making sure to get the placement right.

Shoulder view 1Shoulder view 2Shoulder view 3

I then put the breastplate over top of the clips adjusting them where I needed to and then marked the center point of the clip with a white paint pen on the shoulder seams.

I then started gluing the clips in place with a hot glue gun. I drew the outline of where the clips would go first with the white paint pen. I made sure that the clips would line up with the center marks I made earlier on the seams.

You can just see the outlines I made on both the front and back pieces. The first clip on the right side was glued first.
Once finished both pieces looked like this.
Clips front and back

And of course I had to try it on!

I’m holding it flat in these pictures to best replicate the way it will sit when I have the under armour made. I’ll have industrial Velcro attached to the inside of the breastplate (About one inch and a half) and then about one inch of Velcro on the edge of under armour. This way the two will connect bringing in the breastplate and back plate (which sits out a little also) shaping properly.
IN THEORY AT LEAST


And that’s it for this post!
I will have a Very lengthy post Wednesday night about my Elizabethan (I’m calling it that form now on and that is final!) dress if I don’t have an overload of homework. But more about that then!

Thank you for reading
-Nivera

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s