I did attempt to go shopping earlier in the week for the fabrics I need for my upcoming costumes. I wanted to go to Goldhawk Road first but my mother insisted that we go to this in her words ‘really great’ fabric market… that was dodgy as hell. I can’t really remember where it was but basically the town we were in had one of its main roads closed off for this market (it was not just a fabric market) and it stretched off down the road. So we walked down the road looking at all of the stalls selling rip off items, poor replicas and and some items that didn’t look all that legal only to find disappointment. Apart from the fabric being really poor quality, none of the sellers had anyway of measuring or cutting the fabric. So I decided rather than being ripped off I would promptly leave.
The plan now is to go to Goldhawk road after Christmas possibly the same day I go up to Wimbledon College of arts and if there is enough time to go up to the Victoria and Albert Museum we’ll do that too. If not I will just go another day.
So what am I buying for and what is my list?
Costumes I am buying for
Demongaze Death Knight Armour
(yes I finally worked how to get the hood onto the 3D model)
Young girls loose gown (Elizabethan)
The fabric list
- Bodysuit fabric, dark purple scaled pattern would be ideal in a stretch fabric. For this I will be using Yaya Han’s body suit pattern (previously used in my Dark Brother hood cosplay)
- Cowl and cape will be made from a midnight blue medium-heavy weight cotton fabric.
- Cowl accent could possibly be faux leather or craft foam. I will probably make this decision based on what I can find in the fabric stores.
- Iris purple fabric with an ornate pattern
- Iris purple lining fabric
- Buttons similar to the ones pictured
- I will be using the Simplicity pattern 1487 for this dress
Young Girls loose gown (Elizabethan)
- I think the colors of garnet red and mahogany red would look really nice together. I want one of those fabrics to have an ornate pattern. The effect I want is for either the dress to have the ornate patterned red and the cape to just be a simple red with out a pattern or vise versa.
- I also want to get trims for this costume to go on the dress and the pecks of the shoulders ect.
I think that is everything but I’m sure I will add to it if I have forgotten anything.
And that’s what I will be buying in London, I really look forward to making these costume next year and sharing them on this blog.
Thank you for reading